Friday, June 1, 2012

Hello June!

It's finally here! June 1st opens by giving us a sweet start with National Donut Day. I took the opportunity to celebrate at the place down the street and let me tell you, they backed up their name as "Best Do-nut". They were literally the best donuts I've ever had from anywhere. Light as air, they were amazing. If you are ever visiting Nashville and want to take a detour north to the small town of Gallatin, you wont regret it. They are that good.

June also brings the Summer Solstice a.k.a the longest day of the year and we can all use as much daylight as possible these days. Longer days means time to lounge by the pool even on work days, which makes for cheery dispositions. 


 

And while America's most famous blonde Marilyn Monroe gets to open the month with her birthday, I get to close it out at the end of the month (technically the 29th, but I can party for  two days)! Looking forward to all June has to offer: a new apartment and new jobs to name a couple. I'll keep you posted. Until then, enjoy the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment